December 19, 2014
The Fathers and Families Christmas luncheon
It was a time for food, it was a time for fellowship, and most of all, it was a time for celebrating a year of working together in the cause of SC Fathers and Families.
It was the SC Center for Fathers and Families Christmas luncheon at Cobblestone Park Golf Club on Tuesday, Dec. 16.
- A Father's Place was recognized as the Program of the Year. The program, with locations in Conway, Georgetown and Myrtle Beach, received the award for embodying all of the qualities of a mission-driven organization that strives for excellence. "The primary reason for A Father's Place success," said Pat Littlejohn, "falls squarely on the shoulders of its leader, Wallace Evans."
- Outgoing Center board member Chris Myers was honored for helping launch the original Fatherhood Initiative, and for her nine years of dedicated leadership on the board. Chairman Bill Bradshaw assured everyone that "she is not going far, and will continue to be with us as a volunteer."
- The Spartanburg office of the Upstate Fatherhood Coalition received the Carpe Diem award, presented by Jessica All, for having done the best job of seizing the day on behalf of Fathers and Families.
- Man 2 Man in Bennettsville was recognized as the most Creative program of 2014. The award was presented by Kiki Dean.
- The Lancaster Fatherhood Project received the Data award for doing the best job of keeping up with the numbers. Appropriately, the presenter was Saartje (Shirley) Scholtz.
Thanks to all for a great event!