May 21, 2015
Father's Day activities across the state
For our programs, there's no bigger holiday than Father's Day! Here are some of the plans to celebrate it at our programs across South Carolina:
Father to Father -- We have a series of activities planned:
- June 15 -- Mixer and city of North Charleston proclamation at Mixson Bath & Racquet Club, from 12-6 p.m.
- June 16 -- Meet and greet and city of Charleston proclamation at the Father to Father building, 12-6 p.m.
- June 17 -- Meet and greet at St. George Recreation Center in St. George, 3-7 p.m.
- June 18 -- Legal Day at the Park, Palmetto Gardens Park
- June 19 -- Bonfire @ the Barn: Blue Crabs & Jazz, Mixson Bath & Racquet Club, 6-11 p.m.
- June 20 -- Fathers & Family Walk, Father to Father building to Park Circle, 9-11 a.m.
- Also June 20 -- Charity Basketball Game, Father to Father vs NCPD, Danny Jones gym, 1:00 p.m.
- June 21 -- Fathers & Family Day, Riverfront Park, 10-6 p.m.
Midlands Fatherhood Coalition -- A Father's Day Cook-off on Saturday, June 6 at MLK Park in Columbia from 9:00-1:30 pm.
Man2Man -- Planning to have a cook out/fun day for the fathers in the program on June 18.
Upstate Fatherhood Coalition -- Father's Day Gala starts at 6 p.m. on June 18 at the Airport Marriott.
Lancaster Fatherhood Project -- On Friday, June 12, Dr. Sean Murdock's office is having a movie night, with all the proceeds from the refreshments being donated to the Lancaster Fatherhood Project -- television coverage is expected. On June 16, we're partnering with Southside Early Headstart with "Muffins for Dads," where we'll have our display set up and be speaking with the fathers and their families.
A Father's Place -- We have partnered with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans minor-league baseball team and will attend the Father's Day baseball game on June 21. Staff and the participants and their families are attending. A member of our program will throw out the first pitch.